RightMate – Powered by Top Genomics
Genetic providers have had solid tools for making consistent genetic progress for many years. In the past few years improved EPDs, bolstered by the inclusion of genomic evaluation have been a great step forward making the potential for progress even greater. Now there is a tested program that offers substantially more rapid improvement and success from your investment in data collection and genomic testing. By creating specific mating options that take full advantage of complementarity genomics between sires and dams plus utilize all of the EPD power created from today’s massive trait databases, RightMate will absolutely change your genetic improvement program.
Never before has a tool been available to the beef business that drives positive change and reduce variability so quickly. Yes, RightMate technology can also help you create a more consistent calf crop as well. With the slow nature of improvement in because of the relatively low reproductive rate of cattle vs. other species, you simply can’t afford to make decisions that can’t assure progress. This is especially true for those with extensive embryo programs. The cost of filling recipient females with embryos from matings that could have been much better, is just too high to take chances.
Genomically assured recommendations are the key! There are simply some bulls that should be bred to some females and others that should not depending on your breeding objectives and desired outcomes. RightMate will provide you with a list of the best sire choices for each female along with expectations for results, then you make the call based on your experience and desires for the additional traits that matter to you and your customer’s business.
There are currently two RightMate options, but we routinely blend the two for breeders that wish to. Both options require that raw genotypes are available for Top Genomics to evaluate on every sire and dam in the RightMate or RightMate Plus program.
- Creates genomic mating suggestions for each female in the cow herd and provides decision making tools to guide you through the list of prescribed sires for each female.
- Uses the genotypes of up to 20 sires of your choice. You may use different sire lists for heifers vs. cow matings.
- RightMate Plus is designed more for donor or higher impact females.
- Up to 50 females will be test mated to the entire Top Genomic sire database and the top choices among the entire list are recommended.
- This list of high value sires to choose from with RightMate Plus is large and growing every week.